I don’t know about you but it just seems like Christmas has just lost it’s true meaning. Gifts. Gifts. And more gifts.
With three little princesses (aka granddaughters), we wanted to make it special this year. The last thing I want is to have unhappy parents trying to find a spot for all those toys/gifts. But I also don’t want unhappy little girls either…can you imagine these beauties sad?!
No, me neither…so – here’s our plan….
We are going to celebrate with them sharing “Five Nights of Christmas”. For five nights we will spend the evening with them doing something fun like -Painting – I found a really cool idea here so bought canvases, paint and easels. All of which was 60% off at Michaels.
- Painting ‘finger’ lights…..I found this on Pinterest AND the supplies at Michaels for an awesome 60% off!
- Making a button wreath – idea credit to this site. So again, purchased canvases and buttons and plan to wrap in burlap I already had.
- Bath bombs! Who doesn’t love bath bombs? Well I know three little girls that do. I have been searching for the best ones to make so if you have any ideas, feel free to share =) These two are rated pretty good –
- It can’t be Christmas without visiting the lights at Clearbrook – Get info HERE – So we will walk through the wonderland and then have dinner with the ‘littles’.
- Another traditional Christmas activity is making Gingerbread Men…I found this pattern on Etsy – so a little of this and a perfect cookie cutter and BAM! We are set.
- There still is the present process but we have decided to keep it to 5 presents. Books, activities and things they are into.
Hopefully this will all work out as planned and maybe even the beginning of a holiday tradition.
Feel free to share any of your ideas or suggestions? Why re-invent the wheel, ha!